Kittson County Social Services offers MnCHOICES assessments to determine eligibility for services and administers Minnesota Medicaid Waiver programs. These programs authorize long term services and supports to meet the needs of individuals who have a disability living in the community.
Minnesota residents of all ages with disabilities or chronic illnesses who need certain levels of care may qualify for the Minnesota Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver programs. These programs are available to persons who choose to reside in the community and meet the eligibility criteria. The links below will provide more information about each Medicaid Waiver program and the specific services funded.
- Brain Injury (BI) Waiver for people with a traumatic, acquired or degenerative brain injury who require the level of care provided in a nursing facility that provides specialized services for persons with BI, or who require the level of care provided in a neurobehavioral hospital.
- Community Alternative Care (CAC) Waiver for chronically ill and medically fragile people who require the level of care provided in a hospital.
- Community Alternatives for Disabled Individuals (CADI) Waiver for people with disabilities who require the level of care provided in a nursing facility.
- Developmental Disability (DD) Waiver for persons with developmental disabilities or a related condition who require the level of care provided in an Intermediate Care Facility for Persons with Persons with Developmental Disabilities (ICF/DD).
- Elderly Waiver (EW) for people over the age of 65 years who require the level of care provided in a nursing facility and choose to reside in the community (DHS Aging and Adult Services Division administers the EW program).